Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Happy New Pres-ie Day!

This morning I arrived at work and almost immediately took a break to watch the inauguration with other Staffers. It was the first time in a a decade that I felt like I was witnessing a moment that will forever be etched in my mind as one of inspiration, hope, and renewal. The golden pedastel that the New Pres is stuck on right now will surely get chipped away throughout his term, but I feel like everything that makes each of us a dynamic and connected human race is present now in the White House, where previously it was not. I feel a connection to his goals as though they were my own, I feel represented, like my voice has been heard. I am grateful to America, for the collective choice made. I am eager to see what the future holds.
(Dramatic? Me? Never, but....I can't help it today)... :)

No comments:

Post a Comment