Thursday, December 18, 2008

Cookie inspiration

Inspired by this post by Ms. Paulson of Posie Gets Cozy, I decided that Raspberry Thumbprints were a necessary Wednesday baking project. I found this recipe from Cooks.com, and went to work:
THUMB PRINT COOKIE
1/2 c. soft butter
1/4 c. brown sugar
1 egg yolk
1 c. sifted flour
1/4 tsp. salt
1/2 tsp. vanilla
First I took room temperature butter and creamed it in my wonderful Tangerine KitchenAid with the brown sugar until fluffy, then I added the egg yolk and vanilla. Flour and salt were sifted together and added at the end. The fun part is rolling teaspoon sized balls of dough in sugar and then plunging chocolate bar pieces in the centers. I baked these at 350 degrees for about 10-11 minutes. Its the simplest recipe, but here's how things came out:
Deee-lish!

1 comment:

  1. i love that you are trying again. we are attempting cookies today as well. weird Tucker likes the snow being a pit and all. your post about him standing outside shivering reminded me of Zaisho standing in the river moving the rocks around despite his shivering. happy holidays sweetie

    ReplyDelete