Saturday, May 30, 2009

Full Stop.

Lately everything is spinning around 3 feet above my head: school, house, love, work, family, friends, it all swirls just above my skull, just out of reach. With one week to go, its to soon to have done the full stop that I am in smack dab in the middle of. But I keep telling myself it will be fine, and that I need a break to touch my plants. I do, right? Well, whether or not I deserve a break, I took one, so here's picks:
Two weekends ago we bought a couple of half wine barrels so I could try out gardening on a somewhat contained space, before I try and attack the backyard:
I planted red leaf lettuce, arugula, rainbow Swiss chard, dill, rosemary, and basil in these little half barrels (the white buckets are tomato plants, and the center plant is a cucumber):
Needless to say, I planted rather a lot for those small barrels, and now they are packed to the edges with salad fixins:
So, Dan decided we needed to tear out the old flower beds and make me a garden box so my plants would have room to grow:
Now, he and his friend are out shopping for material to build the new box, I'll post pics of it once its done. Have a great weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment